Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Tearooms - The Cafe


A miniature tearooms 
This floor of the Tearooms is set out with tables and chairs in a cafe setting.
   I was lucky enough to buy some of polymer clay artist, Jewel Lewis, sets of teapots, plates, cups and saucers. She does wonderful work in millefiori patterns in such tiny details. They are works of art!
1:12 scale teapots
   I painted up the bookcase on the back wall to display my collection of 1:12 scale teapots and tea canisters. I've collected those at various dolls house and miniatures fairs and conventions.
   The paintings on the walls are all of pretty scenes featuring tea party settings. I'd cut them from magazines and framed them with miniature picture framing wood. That's a bit trial and error for me - measuring and cutting accurately are not my strong points!!
   All in all I think I achieved the look I was after for this room; fresh, light and somewhere you'd go for a relaxing afternoon tea - if you were only 5 1/2 inches tall!

2 comments: