|Making 1:12 Scale Plates|
You will need:
- the plastic inserts that are in the lids of soft drink bottles or
- a packet of already shaped cardboard plates from miniatures suppliers
- pictures of suitably sized plates cut from magazines
- modpodge ( a water-based sealer and glue)
- gold pen
- nail scissors
My photo shows both the plastic and the cardboard plates. You might choose to use one kind or the other.
- Brush a small amount of modpodge onto a plate.
- Stick a picture of a plate onto it, pressing down firmly to get out any air bubbles and wrinkles.
- Brush more modpodge over the picture. The modpodge goes on milky but dries clear and gives a nice shine to the surface.
- Let dry.
- Trim the edges if necessary.
- Go around the plate edge with the gold pen to finish it off nicely.
Get busy on these and your dolls house kitchen cupboards will be filled in no time!