Wednesday 8 January 2014

Mini Projects for the New Year

A Kit Set to Make 
I wonder what miniatures you'll be making, or planning to make, this year. I hope my ideas and 'how to' articles will be helpful for your projects.
  I bought one of these 'Long Vacation' kitsets to make. It's the one pictured in the middle here, called 'Leisurely Lunch'. It's a scene set in a box frame.

The detailed instructions
  The instruction book has such little print, I think I'll need stronger glasses to read it all!

The makings of the box frame
Here are the parts to make up the box frame, the wallpaper and flooring paper.

All the items needed to complete the project
  So far, all I've done is unpack the box the kit set came in and photograph the things to show you. But already I'm thinking that I don't really like the wallpaper; that the blue painted wood to make up the table is the same colour as a table at a taverna in Greece I've been to; that maybe I could tweak things and plaster the walls white and add other bits and pieces of mine to make a Greek theme.
  Watch this space! Who knows how it will turn out!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! The series of these kits seem to be a lot of fun to put together! Happy New Year to you and your family! Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Natalia. Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. A most interesting kit. I look forward to what you will do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still tossing ideas round, Lucille. I'll go through my minis 'stash' today & see how many Greek looking bits and pieces I could use for it.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete