Tuesday 20 November 2012

Mini House for the Christmas Village

All the house parts are pre-punched - no need for scissors!
What a dream it is putting the miniature houses together! They are made of heavy paper which is pre-punched so you just need to push the pieces out of the background paper. And the lines to fold are all pre-scored as well so you know exactly where to bend the edges to make the tabs for gluing, and where to bend the wall lines.
Assembling the house parts
Once the pieces are all folded properly you can glue them together. The glue that is supplied with the kit is VERY sticky and, in my usual battle with adhesives, I managed to get more on my fingers than on the house walls! I needed to stop every now and again and wash my hands with hot soapy water.
The house ready for decorating
Here is the house, all stuck together and ready for decorating. The instruction book suggests putting the 'glass' in the windows after you've finished using the glitter and fake snow so the panes stay clear.
  I'll make the other houses now and get out the glue, glitter and snowy stuff when they're done. Then I can make one big mess instead of several little ones!! I must remember not to breathe in when I'm squirting glitter around!

2 comments:

  1. The house is so cute, Wendy! It's getting pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eliana. I can just imagine them all decorated and lit up on my mantelpiece at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete